Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kaori Yuki info

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dtortot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was searching the web (using Google) for information on Kaori Yuki. Yet the result trhown at my face were Image galleries, instead of a Bio or information about her.

    I check AnimeNfo, ANN and Anipike just to find nothing.

    So I was wondering if you, long time fans of Kaori Yuki, had a link or two with information about her.

    I need it for my site. I'm starting a section about Mangaka's and start profiling them. (Link on my sig!).

    Thanks in advanced.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    maybe this one is helpful:
    http://digital.jahannam.net/bio.html

  3. #3
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Also can anybody find any good quotes from a Kaori Yuki manga? It can be from Angel Sanctuary, Count Cain, etc. I need it for a project, but I can't find any sites! Well, anyways I'll be very grateful. Thanks! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, there's my translations of about five books' worth of stuff either here in scanslations or in text format (faster to download and browse through) in the Files section at the Earl Cain Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/earlcain/

    what sort of quote are you looking for? And which language do you want it in?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh thanks Risu-chan!

    Let's see what type of quote I'm looking for...any I guess...and it has to be in English because I don't think my English teacher can speak Japanese. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Leviyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are some quotes I like:
    "Let us go back... to the time you want to return to." -Katan to Rociel in Angel Santuary.

    "The brighter gets the light, the darker gets the shadow." -It is from someone in "Kaine"

    "Personality is the most fragile type of glass. But, that is also the most real part in human nature." -I don't know where exactly it is from, but I think it is said in AS.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A couple of my favorites:

    Cain to Meredianna in Akai Hitsuji no Kokuin 2:

    No matter what form you take,
    even if you were only one of hundreds of thousands of never-fading wild roses,
    in their midst, I would find that single precious flower which is you...

    Cain and Riff at the end of Akai Hitsuji, Cain talking about why he can't cry to relieve his pain anymore:

    Cain: I don't know if it's dangerous, this gentle, comforting chain you've bound me with...
    Why did you do this to me?
    I'll never again belong only to myself...
    It's all your fault...!

    Riff: I'll repay you with all that remains of my life, Master Cain.

    hmmm... let's see if I can find another in the 5 min before I have to run to work...

    Here's one of my favorite lines from Ludwig:

    From the moment birth flings them unprepared into this world, humans are lonely creatures.
    Don't think that you'll gain anything just by sitting around waiting for something to be handed to you.
    So long, 'Sleeping Beauty.'
    ...And for the first time in my life,
    I despised the cruelty of my own thorns.

    And let's see if I can find one from Blood Hound just for the sake of completeness:

    Suou laying on the charm thick enough to choke:
    What a word to use, "deceit"... why. we seek only to sell women of the world a single night's dream, for everyone's profit -- and in so doing, to provide them with healing; that is our true mission.
    For example, this finger, beautiful and pale as ice... for this hand to be roughened by housework; to me such a thing is far too heart-breaking to contemplate...
    Ah... and here I've gone and kissed it, without a single thought; my lady, I do most humbly beg that you grant pardon for my insupportable rudeness...
    (his victim) Oh, no, not at all! Be as rude as you like...!

    Rion being determined:

    I'm not going to wait for the day when I become a gorgeous woman who can receive a million roses--
    once again... someday, there'll be a man with his arms full of Suou-colored roses...
    And next time...
    I think I'll try getting off the train in some unfamiliar town.
    In some dimly-lit, cross-dripping room, I'll get drunk on that frivolous, seductive drivel he spouts.
    And also, I'll learn a little more of the truth...
    since I've got a feeling I'll be able to meet those denizens of the night again.

    Okay, gotta go to work, but do those help?

    (sweatdrop) In some ways you're quoting me as much as Yuki-sensei if you use these, because other people would have interpreted and phrased these differently - in each of these cases I was going after poetic phrasing to try to match the feel as well as the words of the Japanese - but that's one of the inevitabilities of translating anything...

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ December 10, 2003 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member spacelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh Thanks Leviyah and Risu-chan! You've been most helpful. Thanks again!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    How completely cruel, Risu-chan, to post a quote from Ludwig that hasn't been released yet...

    Gotta love your sense of humor.... [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Anyway, I like all those quotes. I especially like quotes from Suou. (Flattery will get you...everything!)

    ~Crystal
    (hmmm, my exam starts in exactly...30 minutes! Yikes! I hate night exams. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] )

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ::smacks head::

    D'oh! I completely forgot that chapter of Ludwig wasn't out yet...

    there are some hilarious bits in there too; for some reason I just seem to gravitate toward the serious quotes, largely because the comical ones tend to need a couple of pages of background to explain why they're so funny...

    one example: Ludwig waking up from on top of Wilhelm whom he's knocked down whilst thrashing around in a nightmare.

    Ludwig: "What a horrible way to wake up."
    Wilhelm: "I couldn't agree more, my prince."

    ... but you kind of need the image to understand WHY it's hilarious... ^^;;; or maybe I just have a really odd sense of humor... well, scratch that, I have a really odd sense of humor anyway, but I assume other people must have thought that scene was funny too...? maybe...?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •